Areas we cover

Areas we cover

Frequent Q&A’s:

As a candidate what is the fee/charge for using Prospero Teaching to find me a job?

There is no charge to candidates – Prospero is a free service.

What does your agency do?

For our clients: We work in partnership with schools across Australia and New Zealand to support them with recruiting suitably qualified teachers and support staff for their roles.

For our candidates: We assist candidates in securing positions within ECE, Primary and Secondary school settings across Australia and New Zealand .

Do you recruit teachers from overseas?

As an agency that was initially established overseas, we have a strong affiliation with supporting teachers from overseas who are looking for opportunities either Australia, New Zealand or the UK. After speaking with you about your requirements, we will then begin speaking with schools with the view of lining up interviews for you with prospective schools. In regards to visa support, we do not provide visa’s and we do not sponsor candidates. We can give you basic information on what you what your best options may be, however, we will always advise that you speak with a migration expert to see which is the best and most viable option for yourself. 

What documents do I need to get an Early Years teaching job in NZ?

  • Current police check
  • NZQA Level 7 in ECE or PMY
  • NZ Teacher registration
  • Valid ID (Passport)
  • Visa (valid working VISA)

What is your reach in the Austrian marketplace?

We recruit for School all over the east coast and NT of Australia, in metro, regional and remote areas. 

Are there any specific Teachers that New Zealand is constantly on the look-out for?

We recruit across the country for Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Schools Teachers, from major cities to towns to small rural areas.  We recruit across all age groups and specialisms, all year round. 

However, we are constantly recruiting for:

  • STEM Teachers (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Teachers)
  • English Teachers
  • Primary & Intermediate Teachers
  • Early Childhood Teachers (Permanent and Relief)
  • Special Education Teachers

What qualification do I need to teach in Australia?

A Bachelors or Master of Education. 

Can teachers in NZ teach in Australia, and vice-versa? 

Yes, Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act (TTMRA) enables teachers to gain equivalent professional recognition and be employed as teachers across New Zealand and most of the states and territories in Australia.  

Further questions? CONTACT the team who will be happy to discus any questions and concerns with you.

Interested in working with us?

Looking for a new role? REGISTER your details to start your Prospero journey.

Need to fill a vacancy? SUBMIT a vacancy.